Present: Philip Reardon (Site Rep), Wendy Gunter (Treasurer), Richard Masterman (Chair), Jenny Howell, Sue Jones, Dan Philips, Alan Coombs
Apologies: Jon Townley
- Items from Committee meeting 8th June 2022 to be addressed as agenda items
- Items from Working Group meeting 11th July 2022
- Work to update the Constitution is on hold. Jenny stated her view that proposals should be formulated prior to Council feedback/agreement.
- Web site updates have been completed with continuing review. Thanks to Sue and her team.
- Maintenance of plots: covered by agenda item
- CAHA/Site Reps meeting had taken place with notes distributed to committee members
- Skips had been arranged, filled and removed from site.
- Nothing further received regarding storm damage to perimeter walls, overhanging trees or the blocked/overflowing culvert. Dan suggested escalating the issues via CAHA.
- The allotment management software operated by the Council is in the process of a full upgrade but is not expected to be operational for some considerable time. This further slows down the Council’s process of managing poorly attended and overgrown plots.
- Philip reported that of the 15 confirmed vacant plots 10 had been let to new tenants although 4 of the outgoing plot holders were contesting their removal. He stated that the 5 remaining plots would remain unlet pending Council resolution of the disputes.
- There was discussion regarding the provision of detailed information to the committee regarding the status of overgrown plots, plot inspections, Clear or Quit notices and a detailed schedule which committee members could work from in order to assist with progressing site actions.
- Philip stated that he felt a lack of support from the Council, from some committee members, and had been subjected to aggressive threats from some plot holders, and stated that he would step down from the roles of Site Representative and PPAA committee member with immediate effect, and withdrew from the meeting.
- In the absence of a Site Representative other committee members undertook to monitor Council/Site Rep correspondence and other duties pending appointment of a new site representative.
- The meeting continued.
- Wendy confirmed the PPAA account was up to date and in order with a positive balance.
Any Other Business
- Dan agreed to set up a sub-group to review all communication formats with a view to rationalising.
- Plot holders are reminded to keep contact details up to date with the Council to avoid obsolete details being used.
- The boundary lines between plots have become very indistinct in places. A member of the Community Gardens has previously carried out minor maintenance work and will be approached again to see if interested in helping to clear paths.
- Dan reported that the work within the polytunnel had progressed well and further improvements to provide additional grow beds will continue through the coming months.
- Sue agreed to contact the stables to get an update on manure deliveries.
Next meeting – to be confirmed
It is proposed to hold an in-person meeting on site in August to review the Site Representative position.
Next scheduled committee meeting 19:00 Tuesday 04 October 2022.